Saturday, August 12, 2006

New investments - Ankur Drugs & WS Industries

I recently added two new scrips to my portfolio. They are - Ankur Drugs & Pharmaceuticals and WS Industries. I expect the two to perform exceedingly well in FY 2006-07. I expect these investments to yield returns in excess of 50 per cent over the next 6-8 months.

Ankur Drugs & Pharmaceuticals is a small company which primarily does contract manufacturing for large pharma companies in India. The company recently commissioned a new plant in North India, impact of which can be seen in its recent quarterly performances. Sales and profits grew by over 200% in each of the last two quarters.

WS Industries is a leading manufacturer of high voltage electro-porcelain transmission and sub-station insulators in India. These are primarily used in the electrical transmission and distribution sector. The company is expected to do well in the wake of the current investment boom. I am still studying the company and its business. But, from whatever I've read so far, WSI looks promising. I've made a token investment in this company for now. Will up the ante after a detailed study.

My current folio includes:

1).Man Industries
2).Rajasthan Spinning & Weaving
3).Morarka Finance
4).Dishman Pharma
5).Subros
6).Jyoti Ltd
7).Deccan Gold Mines
8).Ankur Drugs
9).WS Industries

I've written about my investments in the past: 1, 2 and 3.

Update: Both Ankur Drugs and WS Industries ended up today (14-Aug-06), 1.3% and 10% respectively.

No comments: